Individuals and businesses in 55 of California’s 58 counties will be able to take advantage of the new federal deadline. Keep reading to learn all the details.
What You Need To Know
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced that it will postpone for a second time the federal tax-filing and tax-payment deadline for victims of storms that hit California earlier this year.
Individuals and businesses in 55 of California’s 55 counties (the exceptions are Lassen, Modoc and Shasta counties) will have until Thursday, November 16 (instead of October 16), to file and pay their 2022 tax returns.
The eligible returns and payments include those listed below (keep in mind that this extension applies only to federal taxes):
- 2022 individual income tax returns and payments normally due on April 18.
- For eligible taxpayers, 2022 contributions to IRAs and health savings accounts.
- Quarterly estimated tax payments normally due on April 18, June 15 and Sept. 15.
- Calendar-year 2022 partnership and S corporation returns normally due on March 15.
- Calendar-year 2022 corporate and fiduciary income tax returns and payments normally due on April 18.
- Quarterly payroll and excise tax returns normally due on May 1, July 31 and Oct. 31.
- Calendar-year 2022 returns filed by tax-exempt organizations normally due on May 15.
Other returns and payments qualify. Visit the IRS Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief page for more details.
Taxpayers in the affected areas don’t have to contact the IRS or take any other action to take advantage of the extended deadline. The IRS will automatically provide filing and penalty relief to any taxpayer with an IRS address of record located in the disaster area.
Additional relief may be available to affected taxpayers who participate in a retirement plan or individual retirement arrangement (IRA). To learn more, contact the IRS or get in touch with our experts at JT Tax Services.
JT Tax Services: Taxes Made Easy
When it comes to taxes, knowledge is power. That’s why at At JT Tax Services, we give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you are working with experienced professionals with in-depth knowledge of all applicable tax laws and regulations.
We are located in Oxnard, California, contact us today by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (805-984-8890), or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to schedule a consultation or to learn more about our services. Feel free to contact us today!