Everything You Need to Know About Tax Refunds This 2021
If you already filed your tax return, chances are that you are already looking forward to your refund. That’s why today we bring you everything you need to know about tax refunds this 2021, from how to verify the status of your refund to how long could it take for your refund to arrive.
How Can I Verify the Status of My Refund?
Verifying the status of your refund has never been this easy. All you have to do is access the IRS online tool Where’s My Refund? with some basic information on hand:
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- The filing status on your tax return (single, married filing jointly, etc.)
- The exact amount of your refund
You can start verifying the status of your refund 24 hours after the IRS acknowledges receipt of a return filed electronically or four weeks after mailing a paper return.
How Long Will It Take for My Refund to Arrive?
Generally speaking, refunds are issued within 21 days, but this is far from a hard-and-fast rule. There are some factors that may delay your refund, for example:
- A return that includes errors or is incomplete.
- A return affected by identity theft or fraud.
- Some banks do not process payments on weekends or holidays.
Since it’s not possible to establish with certainty when your refund will arrive, it’s a Good idea to not count on receiving your refund by a certain date, especially if you plan to use that money to make payments.
Some Additional Notes
These are some pointers about tax refunds worth keeping in mind:
- Where’s My Refund? is updated once a day, usually overnight, so it’s not necessary to check it more tan once every 254 hours.
- Calling the IRS won’t speed up your refund. The information you get by phone is the same as in Where’s My Refund?
- Should the IRS need more information to process your return, they will contact you by mail.
Need Help With Your Taxes? Contact the Experts at JT Tax Services
Do you need help filing your 2020 tax return? Do you want to learn more about Economic Impact Payments? At JT Tax Services, we give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you are limiting your liability while staying compliant with all regulations.
We are located in Oxnard, California. Contact us today by email (email@example.com), telephone (805-984-8890), or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to schedule a consultation or to learn more about our services.